Chewy and delicious, these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are kicked up a notch with our crunchy Karma Nuts Wrapped Sea Salt cashews. Why should walnuts get all the love? Our cashews are so much better, giving you a creamy crunch and a boost of nutrition! Mixing up the chocolates and adding a bit of coarse sea salt before baking helps bring out the sweetness and balance to these tasty cookies.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 1 medium egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped Karma Nuts Original Sea Salt Cashews
- Course ground sea salt (or salt flakes) for topping
- Combine flour, oats, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly stir in dry ingredients, mixing until just blended.
- Fold in chocolate and cashews.
- Cover dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
- When ready to bake - preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with silicon mats or parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, slightly flattened on top as cookies do not spread much while baking
- Sprinkle with coarse sea or salt flakes before placing in oven.
Bake for 12-14 minutes (edges will be slightly brown), remove from oven.
- Allow cookies to cool before enjoying.