We know it's getting warmer out there, but who doesn't love a cozy mug of hot chocolate? We use our Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo Cashews to keep ours dairy-free and use cinnamon and cayenne to give it a little kick to create our favorite Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo Cashews
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure cane sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Soak cashews in 1 cup water overnight.
- Drain cashews, place in blender or food processor with 1 1/4 cup clean water.
- Pulse/blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Drain solids with a cheesecloth, set aside (or save for another recipe).
- Pour milk and cocoa, cinnamon, sugar, salt, and cayenne into a small saucepan.
- Warm over low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve and enjoy.