Kaju Curry (Cashew Curry)
photo credit @goodfood.diaries
Kaju Curry is a deliciously creamy, rich, royal and festive curry preparation. Our friend Ameya from @goodfood.diaries put together this delicious recipe using Karma Nuts Cashews and we can't wait to have it every week!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup - Karma Nuts Cashews
- 2 - Onions, Medium size, sliced
- Green chillies
- 1 Tbsp - Oil
- 2 Tbsp - Butter
- 1 - bay leaf
- 4 - cloves
- 2 - cardamom
- 1 stick - cinnamon
- 1 Tsp - Ginger Garlic paste
- Salt - to taste
- 2 - Tomatoes, large, pureed
- 1 Tsp - Garam masala powder
- 1 Tsp - Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 Tsp - Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp - Coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp - Fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi)
- 1 Cup - Fresh cream
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Saute onions: Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan, add the onions, salt, and green chillies and saute until onions are more than translucent.
- Prepare the paste: Cool the onions.
- In a blender, add 1/2 cup cashew nuts, the sauteed onions and green chillies, grind to a fine paste.
- Final curry: Heat 2 Tbsp of butter in the same pan in which onions were sauteed. Fry all the whole spices for about 30 seconds, then add the ginger garlic paste and fry well.
- Add the fresh tomato puree, salt and remaining spices.
- Fry until butter separates from the spices.
- Now add the onion and cashew paste, saute for 2 minutes and add 100 ml of water. When it starts simmering, reduce the heat and let the paste thicken.
- Now add the fresh cream and bring to boil.
- Now add the remaining cashew nuts, mix well and turn off the heat.
- Add a Tsp of butter on top, sprinkle some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
← Older post
Newer post →