Photo credit @beautifulbitesbycarly
Our friend Carly from @beautifulbitesbycarly created this delicious recipe using our Jumbo Raw Cashews to make the ultimate nutty crust on crispy paneer fries. These are great as an appetizer or snack and would be a sure crowd-pleaser!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup (whole) Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo Cashews
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- Salt & Pepper (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1 block Firm Indian Paneer
- 3 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Pre-made Makhani curry for dipping (or your favorite variety)
- Add cashews to food processor and pulse until fine/medium ground- a small amount of chunks are good for texture.
- Incorporate spice mixture with ground cashews to complete your cashew coating.
- Slice paneer into “fry like” sticks.
- Wisk egg with cold water to make an egg wash.
- Dip paneer sticks into egg wash.
- Dip egg washed paneer into cashew coating.
- Heat avocado oil to medium heat and shallow pan-sear paneer sticks until lightly golden brown on all sides.
- Once cooked, salt sprinkle is optional
- Warm pre-made Makhani curry sauce for dipping