Over here at Karma Nuts, we LOVE a good fettuccine Alfredo, but hate all those bad fats that go along with it! That's why we paired our Karma Nuts Raw Cashews with roasted onions and cauliflower to make a much healthier (and potentially vegan) option that is great paired with zucchini spirals, spaghetti squash, or your noodle of choice. Plant-based protein for the win!
What You'll Need:
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, thyme, sage)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup Kara Nuts Raw Cashews, soaked
- 1 cup milk (your choice)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, sea salt, and pepper until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Spread over baking sheet lined with parchment or silicone sheet.
- Roast for at least 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked cauliflower, onions, cashews, milk, nutritional yeast, vegetable broth, and lemon juice to a blender or food processor.
- Blend on high until the sauce is completely smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your choice of noodles.