Now that temperatures are dropping and fall is rapidly approaching, we love the idea of a cozy warm bowl of soup. This delicious creamy and hearty bisque is a great way to sneak in a bunch of vegetables without sacrificing taste or that decadent flavor that you expect - using only healthy fats from cashews! Our Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo Cashews boost the nutrition and the protein of this versatile soup for a great lunch or dinner meal.
What You'll Need
3/4 cup Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo Cashews, soaked
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, rough chopped
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp French thyme
- Toss onion, garlic, and celery in a large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add in a sprinkle of broth as needed to avoid browning the vegetables - cook until wilted.
- Add in cauliflower, cashews, potatoes, bay leaf, seasonings, and remainder of broth to the pot.
- Bring to a low boil for 10 minutes.
- Simmer gently on low/medium low heat for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf and pour the stockpot contents into a blender or food processor (split into two batches if needed).
- Blend thoroughly until mixture is fully pureed.
- Pour mixture back into stock pot and adjust salt and pepper to taste (if needed).
- Keep at the ready over low heat, serve and enjoy!