Perfect for any get-together, our sweet and salty Chipotle Crunch Cashew Snack Mix is a great addition to any party and a snap to make. Add a bit of cayenne pepper to give it a kick or leave as-is to add whole grains and healthy fats to your spread!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (if desired)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups pretzels (if using salted, reduce salt to 1 1/2 tsp)
- 4 cups multi-grain squares cereal
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup Karma Nuts cashews (Roasted, Original Wrapped, or Lightly Salted)
Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, stir.
- In a separate large bowl combine cashews, almonds, cereal, and pretzels.
- Toss nut and cereal mixture with melted butter to coat.
- Add seasoning mixture; sprinkling evenly and tossing well to coat.
- Spread snack mix evenly on two baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and stir. Swap the location of baking sheets and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Snack mix can be consumed immediately or stored in an airtight container for one to two weeks.