Everyone likes to make their desserts just a little less guilty, and we think taking healthier a twist on Grandma's pecan pie is just the ticket. We swapped in our nutrient-dense Karma Wrapped Cashews for pecans, and instead of a normal shortening-and-flour heavy crust we used oats and flaked coconut for a crispy touch of sweetness and bite. Serve it warm with ice cream, serve it cold with whipped cream, or just devour it as-is - we can't get enough of it!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Karma Wrapped Cashews (can use Lightly Salted as well)
Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix together coconut, flour, oats, and salt.
- Stir in butter and water.
- Press evenly into 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until set.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except for the chopped cashews.
- Stir in cashews.
- Pour mixture into par-baked crust.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until edges are brown and set completely (center will be a big jiggly).
- Cool to warm and enjoy or refrigerate to enjoy later.