Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo Cashews give this curry dish a decadent creaminess with a protein boost. Fully vegan and gluten-free, this recipe caters to a wide variety of diets yet is so delicious it's a hit with everyone!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 14.5-oz can unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo Cashews, soaked
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups diced potatoes (I used Yukon Gold)
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 2 cups green beans, in 1-inch pieces
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the oil and sauté the onions and garlic with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt until the onions are soft and start to brown slightly.
- Place the cooked onion mixture, cashews, ginger, lemon juice, tomatoes, cumin, curry powder, cayenne, cinnamon, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add the blended mixture to large pot and cook over low heat, stirring until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Add the diced potatoes and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking. Add water as needed when the mixture thickens and starts to stick. Add the green beans and cauliflower and cook for an additional 30 minutes adding water as needed.
- Once the vegetables have achieved their desired firmness, remove from heat.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.