Sometimes it's hard to curb those cookie cravings, especially while trying to stay keto. We've paired up with some great friends to show you how to create a delicious home-baked cookie that is high in fiber and keeps you on track. Okara flour from Renewal Mills, a new 1-1 baking blend from Whole Earth, Bake Believe's keto friendly chocolate chips, vegan "butter" from Melt Organics and Karma Nuts' own Wrapped® sea salt cashews make baking keto a snap!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups Renewal Mills okara flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Earth Allulose baking blend
- 1/4 cup Karma Nuts Sea Salt Wrapped Cashews, chopped
- 1 stick Melt Organics vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Bake Believe baking chips
- 2 Tb coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus coarse salt for topping
- 1-2 Tb water
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, soda, salt) in a small bowl, set aside
- In a larger mixing bowl, combine room temperate "butter", vanilla, and sugar, mix until well blended
- Add in coconut oil and 1-2 Tb water (you may add more later if needed)
- Pour flour mixture into wet mixture, stir until well mixed
- Fold in chocolate chips and chopped cashews
- Wrap in parchment paper, cling wrap, or beeswax and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (may be up to 24)
- Remove chilled dough, preheat over to 350F
- Create 1" dough balls and place 2" apart from one another on baking sheet. Sprinkle with course salt.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Note that you may need to "squish" them down a little - that is part of the fun!
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!