At Karma Nuts, we absolutely love quinoa and can't find enough ways to use it in our recipes! We've paired this superfood up with our nutrition-packed Raw Jumbo Cashews, onions, peppers, and a dash of seasoning to give you the tastiest vegetarian burger you'll have this side of a portobello mushroom.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1-2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/3 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small sweet onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup Raw Jumbo Karma Nuts cashews
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos (if keeping gluten-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- bread crumbs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons avocado or other high heat oil
- lettuce, tomato, ketchup - whatever toppings you prefer
- Combine quinoa and broth into small saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and cook covered for 13-15 minutes.
- Pulse cashews and cheese in a food processor.
- Combine quinoa, cashew/cheese mixture, onion, pepper, egg, soy sauce, chili powder, salt, and pepper - mix well.
- Form mixture into 4 patties. For best results, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat avocado oil over medium-high heat in a non-stick skillet.
- Carefully add patties to hot skillet, cooking until browned on both sides.
- Serve with cheese and other toppings as desired.