Now that it's back to school season, nothing makes us happier than indulging in a little nostalgia. This update on a tried-and-true classic tomato soup gives a huge nutritional boost with Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo Cashews, steamed veggies, and fresh basil. Pair it with crackers, bread, or (our fav) a grilled cheese sandwich for a perfect cozy fall lunch.
What You'll Need:
- 1 small head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
1/4 cup Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo Cashews, soaked
1 tbls olive oil
1/2 sweet or yellow onion, chopped
1 large clove garlic, chopped
1 large celery stalk, chopped
1 large carrot or 8 baby carrots, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes (15 oz)
3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- Add cauliflower to a steamer, and steam for 15-20 minutes.
- While cauliflower is steaming, add olive oil, garlic, and onions to a stockpot. Cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and celery, stirring occasionally for a few minutes.
- Add in diced tomatoes, vegetable stock, and seasonings. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove cooked cauliflower from the steamer and combine with cashews and 1 cup water in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Puree the tomato - vegetable mixture until smooth in blender/food processor. Return to stock pot.
- Combine "cream" mixture with tomato mixture until well mixed. Add seasoning to taste.
- Stir in chopped basil leaves and serve.