Our friend Juniyali from @rochester_to_mumbai created an amazingly delicious savory dish for us all to try out! She explains "I recently tried the cashews from Karma Nuts to make Shahi Mushroom. Shahi Mushroom is a dish rich in cashews and cream, its our variation of Shahi Mushroom for our vegan friends."
- 15-20 Karma Nuts Raw Jumbo Cashews
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 package mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger diced
- 2/3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
For curry paste:
1. Saute chopped onions, garlic and ginger.
2. Blend the sauteed mixture with tomatoes and cashew nuts.
3. In a pan, add two teaspoon of oil.
4. Add bay leaves, elaichi, jeera let the flavors mix in the oil.
5. Add the curry paste.
6. Cook it well till the paste and oil separates.
7. Add red chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala.
8. Add chopped/ cut mushrooms.
9. Cook on medium flame for 10 minutes.
10. Add salt to taste.
11. Add heavy cream and simmer for 5 mins.
12. Serve with naan.