Our good friend Carly Merut (beautifulbitesbycarly) created this delicious and absolutely beautiful tree that is perfect for any holiday gathering (or just a wonderful treat for yourself!) It looks incredibly impressive yet only uses a few key ingredients (including our Karma Nuts cashews) so you'll be sure to wow any crowd!
- All-purpose flour, for dusting work surface
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup room temperature Hazelnut spread
- 3/4 cup Cinnamon @karmanuts
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp water (egg wash)
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a food processor, pulse @karmanuts cinnamon cashews until coarsely chopped (set aside).
- Flour your work surface and unfold one sheet of puff pastry.
- Roll sheet into a 12x14-inch rectangle.
- Using a pizza wheel, cut the rectangle into a triangle (tree shape). Transfer to parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cut a 3x1-inch rectangle from the scraps (tree trunk). Transfer the trunk to the baking sheet, and place it at the bottom of the triangle (tree)
- Gently and evenly distribute hazelnut spread across the tree.
- On top of the hazelnut spread, sprinkle @karmanuts cinnamon cashews.
- Prepare second puff pastry sheet. Follow all previous steps, creating a second triangle (tree) -no trunk needed.
- Place the second triangle on top of the first. Gently press the two layers together.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 egg with 1 tablespoon of water to make an eggwash. Brush the eggwash on top of the puff pastry.
- Using pizza wheel, make mirrored cuts down the left and right sides of the triangle (tree), while leaving a 1-inch section down the middle. Twist the strips.
- Bake puff pastry until golden brown (10 to 15 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional).